PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] no secure webdav in hardy

ymp
April 28th, 2008, 09:44 PM
under connect to server there is no longer a secure webdav option, and regular webdav will not allow me to access my organizations server

SpaceTeddy
April 30th, 2008, 10:26 PM
mhm - yeah. That is definetly annoying. However, gnome-vfs still suports davs (i just tested it)...

open a filebrowser (your personal folder for example), and type in the address of your webdav as with davs in frot...

davs://myserver/path

that still works. I really don't know why they got rid of davs... rather annoying...

lazerradial2003
August 2nd, 2008, 12:14 PM
Did this work for you? I can connect to none SSL webdavs but not SSL. I get:

Error: HTTP Error: Connection terminated unexpectedly
Please select another viewer and try again.

The URL format I'm using is: davs://myurl.co.uk:2078

It also doesn't work without the port number, any suggestions anyone?

findus
August 14th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Works perfectly for me - this has been driving me crazy as not being able to get to my work folders through Ubuntu has been a pain! Thanks Space Teddy!

misterdasher
August 22nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
SpaceTeddy: Thanks for the recommendation. I tried using variations of "davs://myserver/" in Nautilus, and one almost worked. Perhaps if I tweaked and played around with it a bit more I might've found a solution.

For any future visitors to this thread: If you can't get Nautilus to work, you can use Konqueror. That's what ended up working for me. Though, acknowledged, it's not properly a solution, but only a work-around.