PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dell M1330 Installation Help

laststanding
April 28th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Ok so i went ahead and downloaded ISO file, burn it to CD using nero.

So i open CD. Asked for Demo and Full installation. So i chose option to help me boot cd. Laptop rebooted, gaved me option to start Ubuntu. Now there is a Ubuntu screen with a status bar going left to right for over 2 hours. Same happened last night, i waited for 4 hours and then killed the power.

I dont know whats going on, so can anyone please help me....

agim
April 28th, 2008, 08:59 PM
first thing to do is test the cd you installed with. Put the cd in the drive, and restart the computer. It will give you a menu of options, choose check cd for defects. I had the same thing happen with a different version of Ubuntu, and it just turned out to be a bad cd.

Good luck, lots of people here to help.

laststanding
April 28th, 2008, 09:13 PM
first thing to do is test the cd you installed with. Put the cd in the drive, and restart the computer. It will give you a menu of options, choose check cd for defects. I had the same thing happen with a different version of Ubuntu, and it just turned out to be a bad cd.

Good luck, lots of people here to help.

Thanks Agim, it said error found in 1 files. Is that bad? should i create another cd?

laststanding
April 29th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Thanks Agim, it said error found in 1 files. Is that bad? should i create another cd?

Help Guys!

aurelieng
April 29th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Yep, it's better to check the file you downloaded, and re-burn it.

gtdaqua
April 29th, 2008, 05:27 AM

Yes. Do not burn ISO images at 48x. Slower speed, better reliability. Burn at 16x and try it should work. Or better, you could burn at 2x to be very sure that you have clean CD. I know burning at those rates are very slow, but they're effective nonetheless.

shartke
May 2nd, 2008, 07:27 PM
I am getting a different issue on my XPS m1330. I downloaded the ISO and burn it. When I try to boot off the ISO it says "Boot failed: Press a key to retry" It also Says: ISOLINUX Disk error bb, AX=4280 Drive 82. I have downloaded this 3 times and burnt it three times and it is the same error. On multiple computers.

EDIT: It works in Ubuntu but not windows. The windows ISO is only 240 megs... hehe