PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade to 8.04 = VERY LOW VOLUME

Own3d
April 28th, 2008, 07:13 PM
After recently upgrading to V8.04 from 7.10 of ubuntu my volume will only play at an exceptionally low level of loudness , And thats with all the volume levels turned up , ( The one by the date ) ( The One on the mediaplayer ) etc ALL turned up to highest settings and still only a tiny amount of sound.

dearingj
April 28th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Have you tried this?

Right-click on the volume icon (the one by the date) and choose "Open volume control"
Turn up the volume controls in the window that appears

Yadda
April 28th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I, also, am experiencing this problem. I tried this: "Right-click on the volume icon (the one by the date) and choose "Open volume control" Turn up the volume controls in the window that appears"
It helped slightly but the volume still goes mute when the bar is only half way down. I have also tried setting everything to use ASLA rather than pulse audio... no dice. My sound card is an Intel 82801G (IH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller.

TeoBigusGeekus
April 28th, 2008, 10:19 PM
If you use alsa, type

alsamixer

in a terminal and adjust master volume from there.

Yadda
April 28th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the reply, no luck with alsamixer either. I've got everything that been mentioned or that I can find maxed out and am still experiencing the problem.

andylyon11
April 29th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I also have this strange problem. Sound IS working but is much quieter in this new version. Anyone have ideas?
Thanks