PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Half Upgraded problems!

Spoken
April 28th, 2008, 04:10 PM
alright, due to my busy schedule with school and work etc, ive only been able to upgrade from 7.10 to 8.04 piece by piece.

Last night i left my laptop on so it can upgrade while i caught some sleep. this morning it finished fetching the new packages and was installing them. i had to stop the process because i had to go to school. so im at school now in the library, i turned my laptop on and when i logged in, a lot of my theme stuff / screenlets is gone, and i got this error message that says "failed to initialize HAL!", it says its a internal error.

i dont know what to do. my guess is that it messed up because the upgrade to 8.04 removed certain packages and hadnt had the chance to install the new ones.

is there anything i can do? my upcoming classes that i have in a few hours would be a lot easier if i could continue taking notes on my laptop lol.

====================================
MY SITUATION
====================================
Compiz fusion and emerald theme manager are still working

BUT! my panel color and location is back to default, my folder theme is different, and my screenlets are broken.

Spoken
April 28th, 2008, 04:15 PM
UPDATED NEWS!!

when i go to system > preferences > apperance and try to reselect my original theme, it lets me click and highlight it but nothing changes on the desktop. This goes for ALL theme changes i attempt to do.

Spoken
April 28th, 2008, 05:22 PM
im at school in career preperation now. where are my helpers!!