PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Fresh installed Hardy cannot logout and firefox trouble

dragoniz
April 28th, 2008, 04:40 AM
I'm using Ubuntu since FF series and when GG out I'm fresh upgrade it using CD from canonical. And I'm pretty satisfied with Ubuntu

I used it in my laptop(Benq SW 32), triple boot it with XP and Vista (due to work sync and Mrs Dragoniz preference...)

When HH out, i already preorder the disk from canonical, but lack in patience i tried to upgrade to HH from GG ASAP....

1'st I tried to upgrade from synaptic and fail miserably, package from the server seem to be not completed???? missing few major component...

Then I download the ISO image from Mongolian server and burn it in a CD (Very successful, take 5 hour to DL 700 MB of the iso image) and I beginning to install it....

For the installation, I used the methode i found a local computer magazine (actually its for GG, but whattahec I try it on HH) and the installation seem to be flawless (no error detected)

Then I tryout my new HH.... and everything seems in order except the synaptic doesn't seem to cooperate at first, but after i change the update server the problem seem to be gone.. I manage to install compiz manager and plugins for music player. Have all hardware to work (at least the hardware i used....)

The problem seem to begin when i tried the firefox, at first appearance, the home site didn't load and there is NO back and Forward button. I tried to reload several times and find the problem presist.... And when i tried to set up my usual add-ons, the firefox cannot download it.... and for the worse it keep crashing when i entering tool - add-ons menu.....

Another problem is when I tried to end my session, it doesn't show to the usual shut down-hiberhate-log out-bla..bla..bla.. windows but, the menus and the bottom section (tool bar section in XP is just gone) and I have to force shutdown my laptop from the power button. it happen three times.... (I haven't try it again so i didn't know if there is more problem then these two)

Can somebody out there tell me what happen and show me how to fix this.....

dragoniz
April 28th, 2008, 04:42 AM
By the way for the firefox trouble i already send bug report yesterday, but forgot the report number....

Topochan
April 28th, 2008, 07:49 AM
To see back/forward button in firefox on navigation bar press second mouse button on the bar and select personalize, drag an drop the buton with arrows.

I have same issue, I can't logout at home from desktop, but I can from GDM(I think is a problem with compiz).

dragoniz
April 29th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Many Thanks, will try this at hohttp://ubuntuforums.org/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif
:)me....