PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] crappy connection

Lori700698
April 27th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I need some help! My wireless won't stay connected long enough to pull up a web page. I'm running 7.10 and I have a linksys-G router and Ubuntu is the only system in the house that can't get hooked up. I installed wicd last night because I thought something was wrong with network manager after days of no conncetion. I did hook up last night and the web flew when it was on, I did updates over night and I'm back to the same problem. I stood and counted my wireless connection is dropping every 4 seconds! (couldn't see that in network manager) What type of tweaking needs to be done? It's a wpa password protected network. I'm new to Ubuntu so I need good directions to follow!
Thank you!
Lori

Lori700698
April 27th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Never mind! Connection problem was caused by PS3 fighting for an IP address! I had the same problem with Vista, I should have looked there first! Anyway assigning a static IP address resolved the issue and I'm typing from Ubuntu now! Strange thing was that I still had to set up the connection in network screen and wicd oh well as long as it works!!!