PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8.04 upgrade not working. Help

rayinvan
April 27th, 2008, 12:54 AM
I am trying to use the automatic upgrade in the software updates utility to upgrade from Ubuntu 7.01 to 8.04

I says there are unresolved issues.. I am not trying to upgrade for a previous pre release version.

Anyone got this to work.

jgriffinpark
April 27th, 2008, 04:14 AM
My update "worked." I suggest not updating. Its completely screwed up my graphics and boot settings. I really wish I had never upgraded. What a headache.

mathenge
April 27th, 2008, 04:23 AM
There are a number of success stories in this forum. And there are many frustrations - which is why the forum exists in the first place.

Have you tried running the live-cd? Take the live-cd and make sure that the hardware works. You might have to do a little research to make sure that you don't have work-arounds in your existing installation that are no longer needed.

For example, in my case, I had to use Envy to set up my video card. However, I needed to uninstall Envy AND the nvidia drivers BEFORE the upgrade otherwise I would have had a lot of trouble getting the video drivers installed and then making sure they worked with X. The same story with my wireless setup.