PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] partitioning freeze

fredunderhill
April 27th, 2008, 12:40 AM
hey. this already happened once with 7.1, so i waited until 8.0.4 came out, and it happened again. the install went smoothly, i selected the size of partition i wanted, and then i hit forward, and it said the partition process would would take a while. i come back about 10 minutes later, and the computer(dell latitude laptop D600) isn't making a sound and it is frozen. how do i get past this?

overdrank
April 27th, 2008, 12:55 AM
hey. this already happened once with 7.1, so i waited until 8.0.4 came out, and it happened again. the install went smoothly, i selected the size of partition i wanted, and then i hit forward, and it said the partition process would would take a while. i come back about 10 minutes later, and the computer(dell latitude laptop D600) isn't making a sound and it is frozen. how do i get past this?

Hi and welcome, is windows on the drive also? You may want to defrag a couple of times. You may also https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

fredunderhill
April 27th, 2008, 03:08 AM
ok. i tried that and it still didn't work. what if i used a third party partitioner in windows XP, and then when i get to that part in the installation process, just use that new partition for my ubuntu?