PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Re-install

skywalker2208
April 27th, 2008, 12:24 AM
I was wondering of how to reinstall ubuntu. I recently was upgrading to the newest version of ubuntu and the upgrade seemed to go fine until I restarted the computer when the prompt asked to restart the computer. I try to load into the new version and it doesn't seem to work. I know want to just reinstall it and not sure of how to go about it. I load in the cd and go to the manual partition option and then I am lost. I looked around here and through google and don't find any step by step guide. Any help would be appreciated.

Tatty
April 27th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Do you have any partitions you want to save (eg, a windows partition) on your hard disk? If not just choose erase entire disk.

If you dont want to erase everything then the easiest way to re-install ubuntu is to load gparted from the liveCD (System->Administration->Gnome partition manager) and manually delete your ubuntu partitions (which should by default consist of an Ext3 partition and a swap partition). Then start the installer choose the option "use free space" (or something along those lines)

skywalker2208
April 27th, 2008, 01:29 AM
thanks that seemed to have worked.