PDA

View Full Version : Are you still seeding?

Nano Geek
April 26th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Well, it's been a couple of days since Ubuntu 8.04 came out, and the torrents are finally starting to slow down.

Just wondering how many of you are still seeding the torrents and how much you have seeded.
(See screenshot for my numbers)

Happy Hardying!

Fedz
April 26th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Yep! I do but, during the day I don't (unless I go out for an hour or two) as it takes all my bandwidth but, overnight I run the Ubuntu in-built Torrent client 'Transmission' - I will do for weeks to-come :)

mthei
April 26th, 2008, 10:05 PM
I was, but just turned off my Bittorrent client because I went out for an hour and came back with my internet down (Hardy was the only active torrent in there, and it was very active). Obviously my connection is back to normal, so hopeful I can continue to help seed tomorrow.

awalsh
April 26th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Yep still seeding here, got it seeding at home and on my server. Naturally the server is far out performing my measly 8mbit home line :( Why can't the UK get its broadband sorted out, so we don't have to put up with slow speeds.

Going to leave it seeding on my server for a few weeks yet I think, I don't know about home as BT (British Telecom) seem to slow my entire connection down even when I seed a little bit :(

red_Marvin
April 27th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I'm seeding when I have the computer turned on and don't need the bandwidth for other things (and when I remember to turn on transmission).

p_quarles
April 27th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Stopped seeding because it didn't seem to be helping anyone. I DL'd the alternate disk, and the number of seeders by the time I was finished getting it was such that my seed wasn't getting noticed. After a day of seeding, I'd uploaded like 40 megabytes.

I'll start again in a while, after others have stopped.

wilsonmuse
April 27th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Been seeding Kubuntu and Ubuntu Server on a measly 300Kb upload connection.

aimran
April 27th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I'm seeding but my ISP is beint a beeotch :)

Northsider
April 27th, 2008, 06:00 AM
I'm seeding Kubuntu 8.04 i386 DVD

tamoneya
April 27th, 2008, 06:04 AM
seeding ubuntu 32 and 64 bit. Altogether I have uploaded around 50 GiB so far.