PDA

View Full Version : Hardy Heron broke Rational App Dev 7.0

javaben
April 26th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I have been using IBM Rational Application Developer in Ubuntu 7.10 with out any problems. Now, after upgrading to H. Heron 8.04 LST, it will no long launch.

The error log shows a problem locating libxpcom.so

Here's the exact message:

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/myhome/.eclipse/ibm.software.development.platform_7.0.0/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/221/1/.cp/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3236.so (libxpcom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

The command 'locate libxpcom.so' gives this response:
/usr/lib/libxpcom.so.0d
/usr/lib/xulrunner/libxpcom.so
/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9b5/libxpcom.so

So it's obvious I still have at least two libxpcom.so, so the problem appears to be that libxpcom.so was in a directory that was deleted under the new upgrade.

I've found references on the net that this is associated with the move to Firefox 3.0b5 release candidate, so the directory structure must have changed with the Firefox upgrade.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve?

Thanks,

JavaBen

Lau_of_DK
April 26th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve?

Ive got 2 suggestions:

1) If you know where the file was, make a symbolic link to it with ln -s
2) Install FireFox 2.0 again?

My personal experience of Hardy Heron: It destroyed everything and Im still trying to rebuild :)

/Lau

dwhitney67
April 26th, 2008, 10:11 PM
The directory, /usr/lib/xulrunner, where the library is stored is not a typical location known by ldconfig.

Either edit /etc/ld.so.conf or create a file (with a .conf filename extension) in /etc/ld.so.conf.d, to specify this path.

Then run 'ldconfig'.

To edit the file and run 'ldconfig', you will need sudo-privileges.

This may solve the issue Rational is having in locating the library.