PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bluetooth keyboard/mouse not detected for install of 8.04

hardergj
April 26th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Hi everyone,

I am finally testing out Ubuntu 8.04. Burned the install disk and booted from it. I get the option screen asking me which type of installation I want to do. The keyboard works here, and I select the first install option.

The install program loads up, but my keyboard and mouse do not work (to select next/cancel, etc)? Is there a way around this? I have the logitech MX5000 bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo. I don't have another keyboard or mouse, so I cannot just plug in a PS2 k/b.

Any suggestions? I'd really like to try this OS out.

thanks!

Greg

ponx
April 27th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I have exactly the same problem with my Dell Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I can select to boot the LiveCD at system start, but when the desktop comes up both devices are lifeless. I therefore can't edit any config files as I have no other means of user input.

Am I screwed, or is there a way around this..?

ponx.

coBex
July 10th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I have the exact same problem with the Logitech MX-5000 keyboard and mouse. Neither keyboard nor mouse works. :???:

I assume using standard usb keyboard/mouse combi will do the trick to get it installed. After installation trying to get it work...

Lanian
July 21st, 2008, 01:26 AM
I have a Dell bluetooth keyboard and mouse working under 8.04. I didn't need to do any specific configuration to get it working.

The only issue is that the devices are not recognised at the Ubuntu logon (the keyboard works ok at the Grub menu). The ugly workaround is to remove and reinsert the bluetooth dongle at that point. They then work fine for the rest of the session.

I haven't yet found a way to avoid this.