PDA

View Full Version : My Hardy "ad" got flagged on CraigsList

Tundro Walker
April 26th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Figured I'd do a little promotional advertising for Ubuntu since Hardy is an LTS.

CraigsList "free" section doesn't allow advertisement of anything "intangible/digital", so I couldn't post there.

So, I hopped into the "computers" section and posted. I made a pretty good argument for Ubuntu, because it could breath new life into all the old p3's and p4's folks were hocking in there right and left.

Within about 5 minutes, my ad got flagged as spam. I guess the folks who pre-install stolen copies of MS Windows on comp's they're selling in order to justify a 25% increase in price didn't like me suggesting a free alternative.

It's hard to get the word out on Ubuntu when it goes against some business peoples' best interests. Guess I'll take the flagging as a compliment this time.

Pathfinder_
April 26th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Advertising on forums is usually considered spam.

JT9161
April 26th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Advertising on forums is usually considered spam.

Yes but CraigsList isn't a forum its a and advertising site lika digital version of ans ad in the paper. Also is the ad still up.

wolfen69
April 26th, 2008, 07:07 PM
the best advertising is spreading the word and handing out cd's. but it doesnt hurt to post something about it on craigslist.