PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] A trivial database?

WitchCraft
April 26th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Hi! Question:

I want to use a tiny database with C++, but I don't want the user to install MySQL or any such thing.

Isn't there something, like GNU database? I think I once saw it, but I don't remember the name...

I think it's some kind of trivial-database library to include with your program...

Can+~
April 26th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Hi! Question:

I want to use a tiny database with C++, but I don't want the user to install MySQL or any such thing.

Isn't there something, like GNU database? I think I once saw it, but I don't remember the name...

I think it's some kind of trivial-database library to include with your program...

SQLite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQLite). edit: Wikipedia says sqlite has bindings with C++.

pmasiar
April 26th, 2008, 11:58 PM
BDM is even simpler - has no SQL, just key-value.

nhandler
April 27th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Another simple option is to store all of the data in a text file. You wouldn't need any additional programs installed, it isn't too hard to implement in the code, and it is easy to manually modify the file. You might even consider using a .csv (comma separated values) file as the db. That way, you could use a spreadsheet application to create/edit the db.

LaRoza
April 27th, 2008, 04:25 AM

All of the suggestions here will work, but what exactly are you storing?

WitchCraft
June 21st, 2008, 11:40 PM
All of the suggestions here will work, but what exactly are you storing?

Redundance :lolflag: