PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Rate Evolution's GUI usability

mihai.ile
April 26th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I want everyone to vote the evolution's graphical user interface IN TERMS OF USABILITY only, not the features it has (ex. integrated calendar, notes, etc) but about:
- how easy and intuitive is to add an email account from gmail, yahoo, etc. etc.
- how easy is to manage the calendars, e-mails
- how clean is the interface (for example in terms of visible features that are not used by you but can't remove, change them)
- how easy is to add a calendar, events, alarms for events, notify about events, new mail
- how easy and intuitive is to set alarm having the main window closed (not minimized)

Ideas are welcome.

I did this poll to know if it's just me that thinks evolution is hard to use, not intuitive, very rigid interface (ex. you can't remove calendars labels "calDAV", "On the web", "Weather" if not used, very bad interface for plugins: there are 36 plugins installed and activated by default, all have an "Configuration" tab but only 2 of them has configuration options...)

XeiaieX
April 26th, 2008, 06:34 PM
i use and love thunderbird.

daengbo
April 26th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Evolution's problems are not really usability. They are speed-related and feature-related.