PDA

View Full Version : New Breezy Shipit CDS thread

dmb
October 16th, 2005, 12:27 AM
Anyone get the new breezy shipit cds yet? Anynone know what they look like or will look like? Anyone know if we ordered them before breezy was even released, if it will come quicker? I guess this thread can be about the new breezy shipit cds and who got them, and what they look like. I personally ordered them like 3.5 weeks ago, and obviosly i didn't get them yet, as it was just released a couple days ago.

Goober
October 16th, 2005, 05:31 AM
They generally come in 4-6 weeks, so I hear. Breezy was released 2 days ago. They gotta have time to print them, make the CDs, package them, and ship them, all for free (which I still find incredible).

My Warty CD, which was one that someone gave me from Shipit, was pretty nicely packaged though, and I'd imagine it would look similar. It had 2 cds in a pouch, very professional, looked very nice. I'd take a pic for you, but I'm too lazy to try and get my Digital Camera working. Or, for that matter, find where it's migrated to.

Maniak
October 16th, 2005, 05:39 AM
I ordered 5 x Breezy CDs about 2 weeks ago, so looking forward to them arriving. That said, someone on another NZ forum has offered to download and burn an iso for me in the meantime......the ubuntu/linux community is strong here!!

dmb
October 16th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Yeh, i actually got the hoary cds a while ago, about 10 of them and distributed them, i was just wondering what the new ones will look like. They came in like a month for me in the nj/us. This time i was smart and ordered 20, so i have more to give out.

wrtpeeps
October 16th, 2005, 10:12 PM
my 10 shipit cds took about 6 weeks, but maybe that's cause they had to ship to europe?

dmb
October 25th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Anyone get theres yet? I noticed mine says
2005-09-20: 25 CDs (sent to shipping company)
which i assume means there in the process of being sent.

Remmelas
October 29th, 2005, 06:24 AM
still waiting on mine too, got about 10 people where i work waitin on em =)

M7S
October 29th, 2005, 10:39 AM
A little question: If I ordered Hoary discs do I have to make a new order to Breezy discs?

dmb
October 31st, 2005, 07:50 PM
Yes, I would assume so, there is a new system.

basketcase
October 31st, 2005, 07:59 PM
I ordered the 5.04 disks and took about 6 weeks. I did order another round of Breezy disks when they were released.

I gave my frist 2 disk-sets away on Friday. Helping the cause.

jgordon
November 2nd, 2005, 09:10 AM
Does anyone know how long it takes for the CDs to be shipped to South Africa?

darkmatter
November 2nd, 2005, 09:33 AM
Still waiting on my CD's...but they have been sent to shipping...not much longer:D

ubuntp
November 6th, 2005, 02:28 PM
I have only just noticed this thread. Mine arrived.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=86734