PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] mozilla firefox upgrade weird fonts

timbosity
April 26th, 2008, 12:42 PM
HI,

Just finished upgrading to hardy. Its all very sweet as no problems so far and in fact it appears to be quite the OS!
now, it wouldnt be linux if there wasnt a little glitch which may of course be due to mozilla and therefore not down to ubuntu at all...
Anyway, im getting a whole bunch of weird and wonderful fonts popping up here and there, mainly greek letters replacing the www.*.* in wesites or error messages (for example at a failed login) written again in greek letters. For example at the bottom of this page (the post new thread one) I have "You may add 5 tag(s) to this thread" with the "You may add" bit as "Z.pi.omega v beta.kappa beta.epsilon.epsilon". This is probably a problem with my configuration of mozilla but i was wondering if anyone else has had this little issue...

Basically I have a dark theme so i tinkered with the mozilla setting back in gutsy untill I was able to view pages that were a bit problematic.

Anyone?

timbosity
April 26th, 2008, 12:49 PM
ook I retract... It was just the font I was using... Very sorry; im a dunce #-o
I was using symbol something or rather and obviously there was a problem... just changed to something else and all is fine. =D>