PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Nautilus 2.22 Unable to successfully navigate directory tree

briareos
April 26th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I've been experiencing this problem since upgradign to Hardy yesterday. Nautilus is failing to successfully display contents / change directory in location bar , whenever i try to navigate to subfolders of a certain directory (with about a gig of image files) while nautilus is still generating thumbnails.

Suppose there is a Directory A with sub directory B containing subdirectoriey C
A and C are containing large number of images / (thumnailable files)

[ ~ ]
|
[Directory A]*
|
[Directory B]
|
[Directory C]*

i enter A and while nautilus is busy thumbnailing the large number of images in A, i doubleclick and navigate to B. Now nautilus navigates to B but fails to change entry in location bar(ie it reads ~/A). Also clicking on [UP] navigates to parent directory of A.

now i navigate to C from B and while the thumbnails are still loading i click on the [UP] icon in the main toolbar. Here again nautilus navigates(apparently) to directory B, but the entry in teh location bar remains unchanged (i.e it still reads ~/A/B/C). Now if i click on icon of folder C nothing happens. Clicking on [UP] again navigates again to folder B this time changing the entry in the location bar to ~/A/B.

Is there any way to fix this ? Is this a nautilus bug ?
Thanks in advance :)

briareos
May 4th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Bump! does anyone else have this problem ?