PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Busy Box?

Tarmael
April 26th, 2008, 07:14 AM
I recently downloaded the 8.04 RC and am now thinking it was a waste of time.

I've never had this problem with any other live CD before.
I put the disc in, and no matter what options I select to boot to the liveCD (Or even to just install without booting to the Live version of 8.04 RC) it comes up with a BusyBox option screen and I have no idea what to do with it.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Should I keep trying with that disc? Or just wait till my official 8.04 discs arive? I hope I don't get that problem with the official ones. Otherwise I'll have to either keep 7.10 or attempt to upgrade the install (and we all know how messy that can be).

Please help!!

I'll be back in a few days, as I don't have an internet connection on my compy, and using this one is a pain.

Tarmael
April 26th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I've just tried the work around for the busybox thing. Thus far, nothing.

After trying another work around from Ubuntu Forums member rondackcpu by typing irqpoll into the startup options, I remembered that SATA HDD's are plug and play. So I unplugged all three of my harddrives SATA cables, started up the disc and now I plan on replugging them in when the OS is loaded from disc.

If it works the way I want it to, then this is a great work around for some. But for people who have pre-built machines with waranties and such, or just don't know what they'd be doing, it may not be the best idea.

I'll post back if it doesn't work, else assume until then that I'm running 8.04.

Thanks, for reading.

Bas.