PDA

View Full Version : [other] Yet another instalation question.

Lluraeden
April 26th, 2008, 05:24 AM
So I know that there are a lot of these posts out there, but I don't have time to look through them all right now...Hopefully soon though...Anyways, I downloaded 8.04 Ubuntu from the site, but then when I try to open the file it says "do you want to chose a program from the web, or choose it from a list?" What obvious thing am I missing here?

Lluraeden
April 26th, 2008, 05:30 AM
oh never mind sorry....I got it (wow I feel dumb now.......)

Lord Landis
April 26th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Are you running Windows, or is this in Ubuntu?

If you're in Windows... Did you download the ISO? If so, you either don't have CD burning software that will support burning an ISO to disc or you haven't configured it in the default program list. Anyway, you'll need to run some burning software that can burn an ISO. The latest versions of most software will do this. I recommend using Nero since even the free version will work for what you need.

If you're already in Ubunutu, you should be able to burn it successfully from either K3B or GnomeBaker.

encompass
April 26th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Actually, even easier... you can burn an iso simply by right clicking on the iso file and choosing "burn to disk"
I haven't used a specific burn software like that for years.

Lluraeden
April 26th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Yeah thank you. I have Nero, I guess I was just not thinking when I posted this.