PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] can't install applications in heron

abenco
April 26th, 2008, 02:12 AM
I installed 8.04 and now Firefox is saying I need the flash plugin. Yet when I try to install it the program freezes and I have to force a quit on Firefox. The same thing happens when I try to install it with add/remove applications. That froze as well when I clicked apply changes. Also when I go to system - administration - update manager and click check it freezes and does nothing.

Also, my mouse's thumb buttons don't work anymore. They used to go back and forward in Firefox.

uranus65
April 26th, 2008, 02:19 AM
I had this problem also. I think the servers are overwhelmed. However, just when I thought things were not going to work, it would suddenly finish. Also, I found that on a number of items installed through Synaptic, I had to start it over. Try installing the add-ons through Synaptic, that way you can surf the web "slowly" while it tries to do its thing.

abenco
April 26th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Installed flash through synaptic, it works fine now except no sound, on youtube or other sites. I get sound on rhythmbox just not in flash.

*edit* flash is working fine now, after restarting the browser three times. weird.