PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] GRUB Will Not Recognize Keyboard

Bennett2005
April 26th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Hi gang,

I'm having a little trouble with GRUB after the installation of Hardy Heron. For some reason I can't select between menu options in the boot menu. I'd like to be able to access my 7.10 install but for some reason GRUB doesn't recognize any interaction with my keyboard.

My sys:

MS USB Keyboard
LanParty Nf6 Motherboard
AMD64 4.2 Processor
2g ram
Ubuntu 8.04 (32bit version)

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?

Thanks!

overdrank
April 26th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Hi gang,

I'm having a little trouble with GRUB after the installation of Hardy Heron. For some reason I can't select between menu options in the boot menu. I'd like to be able to access my 7.10 install but for some reason GRUB doesn't recognize any interaction with my keyboard.

My sys:

MS USB Keyboard
LanParty Nf6 Motherboard
AMD64 4.2 Processor
2g ram
Ubuntu 8.04 (32bit version)

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?

Thanks!

HI and it maybe you usb keyboard. Do you have a ps/2 keyboard

Bennett2005
April 26th, 2008, 01:47 AM
HI and it maybe you usb keyboard. Do you have a ps/2 keyboard

I don't, unfortunately. I didn't see much reason to keep one around until now. I do have a USB to PS2 converter, but that didn't work either.

My motherboard detects the keyboard just fine though. I can enter the BIOS on startup and browse the menu; I have a hard time figuring out why I wouldn't be able to do the same thing in GRUB.

It makes me a sad panda.

Shinobi326
April 26th, 2008, 02:07 AM
did you edit or touch your GRUB file since you upgraded?

Can you post your grub file for us to look at?

Bennett2005
April 26th, 2008, 02:22 AM
did you edit or touch your GRUB file since you upgraded?

Can you post your grub file for us to look at?

Nope, I haven't messed with it. :)

I would gladly post the file if you wouldn't mind giving me a little instruction on where to get it from. I didn't need to worry about it too much before because 7.10 was my only install.