PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trouble upgrading

Zurdan
April 25th, 2008, 10:24 PM
In the past I have installed moblock but for the past few months now I have been getting an error message when trying to update it. The update in question is moblock-nfq (from version 0.8-32+feisty to 0.8-40+feisty) So have had to endure an error message every time I run the update manager, big deal.
But now I have been unable to upgrade to 8.04. Every time I click on the upgrade the manager seems to freeze and I have to force quit it. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.

Edit:
by the way the error message I get is:
E: /var/cache/apt/archives/moblock-nfq_0.8-40+feisty_i386.deb: subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 6

jre
April 30th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Edit:
by the way the error message I get is:
E: /var/cache/apt/archives/moblock-nfq_0.8-40+feisty_i386.deb: subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 6

Have a look at /var/log/moblock-control.log to see what is causing this error.
If you deleted a file you can download it from the development repository (http://moblock-deb.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/moblock-deb/moblock/moblock-0.8/moblock-0.8/debian/)
If I remember correctly there were various issues with outdated conf files (lacking necessary variables). This might be fixed by downloading the actual moblock.conf to /etc/moblock/moblock.conf