PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Display Issues

glycinemax
April 25th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I've got an iSeries IBM laptop, ~128Mb RAM, ~500Mb processor, which has successfully run Dapper Drake for the last two years. This morning I installed 8.04 x86 from the alternate cd without any problems. I booted up, witnessed the splash screen display, and then the screen went dark. I heard the login page sounds (drums), so I logged in blindly but successfully (noted by the music), and still no screen. So, I repeated my efforts with the laptop plugged into a projector, and the projector displays what I should be witnessing on my screen. I played around with the software, and everything works great, but I couldn't figure out the solution. Eventually I had to leave so somebody else could use the conference room. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance,

Levi

glycinemax
April 26th, 2008, 03:20 AM
shameless bump :)

:popcorn:

mixmastamyk
April 26th, 2008, 03:31 AM
I've got display/monitor issues too. New clean install with Hardy Heron.

My monitor is 1920x1200. Screen resolution control panel only allows up to 1280x800 !!

Half my screen going to waste. Gutsy worked fine.

Opened up the xorg.conf ... nothing much in there ... WTF??

No way to fix this and no way to set it manually ... what do I do to fix it? Have an ATI video card in this box.

MasterCylinder
April 26th, 2008, 04:02 AM
I've got display/monitor issues too. New clean install with Hardy Heron.

My monitor is 1920x1200. Screen resolution control panel only allows up to 1280x800 !!

Half my screen going to waste. Gutsy worked fine.

Opened up the xorg.conf ... nothing much in there ... WTF??

No way to fix this and no way to set it manually ... what do I do to fix it? Have an ATI video card in this box.

Having the same issues... I paid for my massive screen, why cant I use it?

mixmastamyk
April 26th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Oh, I just figured my issue out ... not ubuntu's fault ... seems this stupid KVM the IT dept put on here was the problem. :/

glycinemax
April 27th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Well,

Anyone have any ideas on why the screen is dark at login?