PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8,04 server checksum failure

FranzJ
April 25th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I downloaded and attempted to install 8.04 server on a HP Netserver 800 and the installation failed. I checked the disk and got the error ./dist/hardy/main/debian-installer/binary-i386/Packages failed MD5 checksum verification. I have downloaded the image three times for different servers, changed image burning software and the brand of discs. The checksum error occurs in the same location on each burn. Anyone else have this problem with the server edition? The desktop version seems to work fine with no errors.

campnewport
April 29th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I have also had this problem. It happens using either by direct download or torrent. I am trying a clean install on an empty hard drive and it happens no matter what speed, disc type or computer I use.

cashin
May 1st, 2008, 07:18 PM
I didn't check the md5 after downloading, but the checksum failure happened when I checked the CD at the installation bootup screen. I tried the following which worked for me.

1) Burn the .iso image, but set the disk to multi-session (i.e. can add more content after burning)
2) Add the actual .iso file to the disk.
3) Install

I didn't check the installation disk after that, but the installation works though there was a delay when the installation was "checking the mirror".

Hope it helps, cheers

ztirffritz
July 24th, 2008, 06:52 PM
are you adding the Contents of the ISO file, or the actual ISO file to the CD? I am having the same problem, but I don't see how you can burn the ISO to CD AND fit the ISO file on the CD. CDs only hold 700 or so MB, and the ISO is 500+ MB. I can't fit it on there twice...