PDA

View Full Version : Guys, Hardy Heron Mens T-shirt is out of stock :O

legolas_w
April 25th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I think something magically is going ton with the Heron :P
Hardy Heron men's T-shirt is out of stock in a very short period of time.
https://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=189

Does any one has one of this T-shirts? what is the material used to make the Heron image? is it painted or it is woven?

Thanks

rudihawk
April 25th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Probably stuck onto the shirt somehow...

ACJarrett
April 25th, 2008, 10:54 PM
I think the site should say "Out of Stork" ;)

Ioky
April 25th, 2008, 11:33 PM
I love that T so much, Like the design, haha

ShadowGray
April 25th, 2008, 11:36 PM
I like the design, I wish they made a few more, and actually said ubuntu on it. Why buy an ubuntu shirt if the average person will think you're an idiot with a bird shirt on?

wannadumpwindows
April 25th, 2008, 11:38 PM
I like the design, I wish they made a few more, and actually said ubuntu on it. Why buy an ubuntu shirt if the average person will think you're an idiot with a bird shirt on?

The "average person" probably doesn't know what Ubuntu is in the first place. LoL.

tigerplug
April 26th, 2008, 02:09 AM
You can sooooooooo pull all the ladies with one of these ;)

tribaal
April 26th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Man I wish I could get one :(

Hope they will reprint a few.

- Trib'

ditsch
April 26th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I'd love to have one, too. And I like the fact that there is no print of Ubuntu on it (Guerilla marketing style :twisted: ).

Joeb454
April 26th, 2008, 05:31 PM
The only big bird that would look really good on a t-shirt would be Big Bird (from Sesame Street :D)

rye_
April 26th, 2008, 08:45 PM
yeah.

Bad idea to stop printing these shirts, they look great and I'm sure they'd have sold a good few hundred more.

awalsh
April 26th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I ordered mine yesterday, glad I did it looks good I think. I wonder how long it will take to get here with Royal Snail...... Sorry I mean Royal Mail

legolas_w
April 26th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I ordered mine yesterday, glad I did it looks good I think. I wonder how long it will take to get here with Royal Snail...... Sorry I mean Royal Mail

Hi
Will you post a review of T-shirt material?
I am looking to know whether the Heron photo is stick-ed on the T-Shirt or it is woven or ...

Thanks.

elmer_42
April 26th, 2008, 11:01 PM
They probably use screen printing. In other news, this shirt is awesome. I don't know if it is $32 worth of awesome, but it is awesome nonetheless.

SpaceMonkeyAU
April 27th, 2008, 06:33 AM
It's such a beautiful shirt but it went out of stock so fast. I emailed Canonical asking (should have begged) if they would reprint more, no reply yet :(

wannadumpwindows
April 27th, 2008, 08:33 AM
They probably use screen printing. In other news, this shirt is awesome. I don't know if it is $32 worth of awesome, but it is awesome nonetheless.

I really wanted one too, but that $32 price tag curbed my interests pretty quickly too. I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of loot on a T-shirt. Especially when I know that I'm just gonna snag the hell out of it on some solder points and case edges . . . .

rogun
April 27th, 2008, 08:52 AM
That's a beautiful shirt. I would buy one in a heartbeat, if only there were more available. I've never spent $32 on a t-shirt before, but that's a work of art.

I have to guess that they're difficult to mass-produce, because I can't understand why only 500 were made available otherwise. I mean, what's the point of selling free advertisements (even by word of mouth, if it doesn't have Ubuntu on it) if you're going to limit how many can be sold?

wannadumpwindows
April 27th, 2008, 08:55 AM
It wouldn't be a "Limited Edition" if they made them forever. LoL.

SpaceMonkeyAU
April 28th, 2008, 12:47 AM
It wouldn't be a "Limited Edition" if they made them forever. LoL.

They don't have to make them so "limited".

Mr. Picklesworth
April 28th, 2008, 02:32 AM
If it's any consolation, the heron there is a slightly older one that has the red distributed strangely. This may persuade me to buy one of those printable t-shirt transfers...

zeerover
April 28th, 2008, 02:54 AM
MAJOR disappointment. I had hoped to order this shirt when I got paid tomorrow, along with the Metro backpack. I'm so annoyed about the shirt that I'll take my money elsewhere for a new laptop pack as well. I don't have much money and like to spend what little I do have supporting open source projects that I participate in. Since there's never enough money to go around anyway, this move has convinced me to go someplace else with $150 this time around. Thanks Canonical.

akiratheoni
April 28th, 2008, 03:19 AM
That shirt looked SOOO cool too!! I wanted one =/

malcam
April 28th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Normally I stay well away from clothing with logos etc... so when I saw that shirt I snapped it up immediately. Would be nice to see more products like it where there's a focus on a design rather than the name.

nebulus-design
April 30th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Just got my shirt in the post...

It is a great design, using really nice screen printing, and on the back is a small ubuntu logo with the the words hardy heron.
Printed on a nice Hanes 'Top-T' shirt.

Its a bit lighter than the pictures on the websites show..

Totzo
April 30th, 2008, 10:18 PM
want one want one want one! :mad:

GavinZac
April 30th, 2008, 10:23 PM
MAJOR disappointment. I had hoped to order this shirt when I got paid tomorrow, along with the Metro backpack. I'm so annoyed about the shirt that I'll take my money elsewhere for a new laptop pack as well. I don't have much money and like to spend what little I do have supporting open source projects that I participate in. Since there's never enough money to go around anyway, this move has convinced me to go someplace else with $150 this time around. Thanks Canonical.

Limited edition items are limited edition for a reason. If you overshoot the amount you need, you end up with stock lying around with nobody excited about it. Intrepid is out in less than 6 months.

SpaceMonkeyAU
May 6th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Good news!

Thank-you very much for your enquiry and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Due to an unprecedented demand for the Limited Edition Hardy Heron T-shirts, we are pleased to say that we will be producing another version. The design will still feature a Heron on the front but with slightly different colour scheme, as well as a lighter brown T-shirt.

We are hoping to make these available to pre-order on the Canonical Store in the next couple of days and these will be available to ship in the next 2-3 weeks. So be sure to grab one if you are still interested.

Keep spreading the Ubuntu love.

Warm regards,
The Canonical Store Team

Lod
May 6th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Good news!
Well, that's going to be 2 long weeks pressing F5. Hopefully I wont be to late.

Lod
May 13th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Just pre-ordered the new version of the shirt. Don't know when it will come out.

Tomosaur
May 13th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I really, really love the Heron design. I hate wearing logos though, so I probably won't be buying the t-shirt while it has the Ubuntu logo on it.

barsofham
October 8th, 2008, 07:53 PM
I was sad that they ran out so I emailed them to ask for the design. They sent me it. :) Here you go. (http://www.barsofham.com/2008/10/08/i-love-ubuntu/)

Mr. Picklesworth
October 9th, 2008, 03:41 AM
That is Astoundingly cool, barsofham. Now I need either a ginormous t-shirt transfer (and a good printer) or a cheap t-shirt printing service.

hellmet
October 9th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Hardy hardly works for me, so I don't care if it runs out..