PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I don't get this joke. Someone care to explain?

Darkhack
April 25th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I really really don't get this. At all. In fact I almost buried it as lame, but I know I must be missing something if it has gotten almost 6000 diggs.

http://digg.com/apple/MAC_PC

Could someone also explain some of the jokes in the comments. Order the comments by most diggs and see. I don't get Zybergod's joke. It seems like he is just being stupid.

I know I have to be missing the reference. There is no way something this pathetic (on the surface) would get this many diggs.

schauerlich
April 25th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Justin Long plays the Mac in Apple's series of Mac vs. PC ads. Bruce Willis is a really macho machine gunner type dude in Die Hard, where they got the screen shot. They're implying that Macs are all wimps, basically.

Darkhack
April 26th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Alright, burried as lame. I've lost faith in the Digg community if that can get 6200 diggs.

natrixgli
April 26th, 2008, 03:46 AM
Funny, I always though of Bruce Willis a bit more like Amiga: an aging but tough brute.

-n8

akiratheoni
April 26th, 2008, 03:46 AM
Alright, burried as lame. I've lost faith in the Digg community if that can get 6200 diggs.

Well, the users of Digg tend to be pro-Linux. Hence why the release of Hardy Heron got into the top ten... maybe even #1 at some point, I don't remember.

Darkhack
April 26th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Well, the users of Digg tend to be pro-Linux. Hence why the release of Hardy Heron got into the top ten... maybe even #1 at some point, I don't remember.

It's not about being pro or anti anything. It's just a stupid picture that isn't funny. I'm surprised it even made the front page at all. The fact that it has 6200 diggs while some other really interesting and funny content barely gets a third of that.

riven0
April 26th, 2008, 05:57 AM
It's not about being pro or anti anything. It's just a stupid picture that isn't funny. I'm surprised it even made the front page at all. The fact that it has 6200 diggs while some other really interesting and funny content barely gets a third of that.

Personally, I thought it was hilarious. Those Mac commercials with Justin Long always get Windows users up in a rage, because they imply Macs are superior, hip and cool, while PC's are shown to be old, lame and pathetic. This pic is a play on that. I love it! :popcorn:

vishzilla
April 26th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Personally, I thought it was hilarious. Those Mac commercials with Justin Long always get Windows users up in a rage, because they imply Macs are superior, hip and cool, while PC's are shown to be old, lame and pathetic. This pic is a play on that. I love it! :popcorn:

I agree with you. But Bruce Willis (PC) turns out to be a hero in that movie ;)

madjr
April 26th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Lol Digged !

Helios1276
April 26th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Funny, I always though of Bruce Willis a bit more like Amiga: an aging but tough brute.

-n8

...wish I still had my Amiga....:(