PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 640 x 480 Hardy; Can't change resolution.

fawazomr
April 25th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Hello,

I have two PCs one windows and one ubuntu 8.04. All working on One Screen, Mice, Keybord using KVM. If I plug the PC with Hardy directly to the screen the resolution becomes OK, but once I use the KVM the res. goes to 640 X 480 and can not change it manualy.

Please help !!

fawazomr
April 26th, 2008, 08:53 AM
In the Hardy Alfa editions, I used to setup the screen type with no problems. As I can choose Acer, 17 “and then standard. When the auto detects comes in the final edition it is a problem. Please how to fix this?

fawazomr
April 27th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Where are the experts? Please help solving this issue, I love Ubuntu but this drive me crazy.

fawazomr
April 28th, 2008, 10:23 PM
I've found the solution in this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=771810

Phan Tuan Tung
May 25th, 2008, 01:16 PM
ubuntu 8.04 had not "screen and graphics" config ,So I can't support my LCD monitor Samsung, anh this result bring me many crazy things , the resolution can't change , still at 8008600 , I love ubuntu but I hate this ways :(( help !

tj111
June 13th, 2008, 10:54 PM
You can access "Screens and Graphics" in /usr/share/applications . Not my fix, found it in the link above.

Xiong Chiamiov
June 14th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Where are the experts? Please help solving this issue, I love Ubuntu but this drive me crazy.
You'll generally do better if you post graphics issues in the multimedia forum, since this isn't a GNOME/KDE/XFCE/*box/etc issue.

Afkpuz
June 14th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Have you found the screens and graphics app? It's hidden in hardy which I know is dumb. You have to right click on applications and select edit menus. Then, goto the "other" tab and check "screens and graphics". That should let you manually set your resolution. Have you been there yet?

resmonde
June 26th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Hacking my xorg.conf didn't work, numerous forum and advice blogs left me none the wiser and then I found Envy. If some of you are still experiencing the Nvidia-Hardy Heron frustrations, you might want to check out ENVY. It's easy, it's great - it fixed my screen resolution issues, kudos to Alberto:

http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

Good luck,

Ricardo

RMP
November 6th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Thanks Afkpuz. I located the screen and graphics app and was able to set things for my IBM 6656. I can now change resolution readily using system>preferences>screen resolution.

RMP

Te Kiwi
May 25th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Thanks from me as well. why would they hide something as useful as this?