PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Convert and stream in realtime

kameleon25
April 25th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I currently have alot of avi files that I would like to be able to stream via my web browser from my house to work or similar. I am running mythbuntu and have a userjob to convert my shows into divx encoded avi files while stripping the commercials. This is what I would like to stream. I would like something similar to what mythweb does for the .mpg files that my pvr500 writes to the disk. I am guessing that is a flash based player and it does not save any .flv files to the disk. I see plenty of "programs" that will convert the files but I do not want to keep a separate copy of the .flv. I would rather keep the .avi and convert on the fly to .flv and keep the .avi untouched. Basically I would want it to where I have a list of the shows I have recorded and once I click on one I want to watch it will start the conversion and open up the flash player.

Is this possible? Any ideas how? I did find this: http://klaus.geekserver.net/flash/streaming.html but am totally lost. I know I will probably use ffmpeg to do this but am unsure how to implement their "scripts". Any guidance is appreciated.

kameleon25
April 28th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Anyone have an idea? I know there has to be someone that has done this before. Again any help is much appreciated.

ipburbank
October 25th, 2008, 09:04 PM
check out VLC, I think it is what you are looking for.