PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hardy update manager/add remove programs not working

StuipedandUgly
April 25th, 2008, 01:31 PM
It seems like i cant connect to the network to download anything i dont know im use to gusty ruing flawlessly so the fact that it is acting weird and not letting me update or any of that jazz kinda bugs me heres the main to things that happen

When I try to update usually all the packages fail or say hit
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f212/SLG666/Screenshot-9.png

When i try to install software it says that its not validated
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f212/SLG666/Screenshot-1-1.png
(Ya I just got up and have to go to school right now or all be late sorry about the bad screenshot)
I don't know what the problem is if some one could help me that would be great

Pumalite
April 25th, 2008, 01:35 PM
This is not the time to be updating or upgrading. The Servers are jammed

dsiembab
April 25th, 2008, 02:31 PM
goto synaptic package manager and open repositories and change the server by choosing "download from other" in the select box then click the "select best server" it will scan for the best server to download from.

StuipedandUgly
April 26th, 2008, 03:51 AM
goto synaptic package manager and open repositories and change the server by choosing "download from other" in the select box then click the "select best server" it will scan for the best server to download from.

Thanks man i was on that before but didnt know what i was doing lol. Your awesome thanks for the help!! Worked Like a Charm

tmray
April 26th, 2008, 04:30 AM
That worked for me too. it kept freezing at 40% but now its working! Thanks

Organon
April 26th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Awesome, thank you for this tip.

x0d
April 26th, 2008, 05:47 AM
I've been lurking and learning for awhile, but I went ahead and just joined the forums. Thanks a lot for this tip.

dsiembab
April 26th, 2008, 06:45 AM
You might want to mark this as solved. and you're welcome

TeoK
April 27th, 2008, 05:30 AM

Spectacular tip.

I vote to have this sticky.

Upgrade manager / distro upgrade failed of so many levels
( freezes, hangups, endless error messages)

then I go to ubuntuforums.org and find this solution and my Hardy is up and running like a dream.

thanks, dsiembab.

dsiembab
April 27th, 2008, 06:29 AM
don't thank me thank ubuntu

TeoK
April 27th, 2008, 06:38 AM
don't thank me thank ubuntu

tru. Hardy is super fast, clean and modern.

Just the update didn't go as smooth as Feisty.

I imagine that the update fell victim to Ubuntu's own success - being the most popular distro - and it overwhelmed the servers.

I only propose that the tips like yours on how to upgrade with minimal pain were up there in front - so everyone can benefit from collective wisdom without much need for desperate searching 4 solutions.

cheers , mate.