PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Logitech G5 Stops working after upgrade to Hardy Heron 8.04

RiazM
April 25th, 2008, 10:04 AM
What's up kids, this happened to me, I think because I'd set up my mouse to be able to use the side button. Anyway, to get it working again I just opened my Xorg.conf, found the part of it that said:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Configured Mouse"
Driver "evdev"
Option "CorePointer"
Option "Name" "Logitech USB Gaming Mouse"
Option "Buttons" "8"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 7 8"
EndSection

and replaced it with

Section "InputDevice"
Driver "mouse"
Option "CorePointer"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
EndSection

This got the mouse working again, though hitting middle mouse no longer does the scroll thing in firefox. Still, its better than no mouse at all.

Naegling23
April 25th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Ive got the same problem....so, your fix with get the mouse working, but then it will only be a standard 3 button mouse. Any fix to getting all the buttons working again?

MeanEYE
April 25th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Ive got the same problem....so, your fix with get the mouse working, but then it will only be a standard 3 button mouse. Any fix to getting all the buttons working again?

Emulate3Buttons should mean that pressing button1 and button2 at the same time will produce click of button3 :). At least it used to be like that long time ago :) while there were no mouses with 3 buttons :)

Ouh yeah, you might wanna try lomoco [http://lomoco.linux-gamers.net] it's a LOgitech MOuse COntrol. Rather old thingie.

roboters
April 25th, 2008, 02:13 PM
add one line to your xorg.conf like this

Section "InputDevice"
Driver "evdev"
Option "CorePointer"
Option "Name" "Logitech USB Gaming Mouse"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/by-id/usb-Logitech_USB_Receiver-event-mouse"
Option "Buttons" "8"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 7 8"
EndSection

change the device "/dev/input/by-id/usb-Logitech_USB_Receiver-event-mouse" if needed

Good luck

Sal Paradise
April 27th, 2008, 02:28 AM
To be more precise, /dev/input/by-id contains a list of soft links to your input devices. For example, on my system, the links were:

bob@GA3800:/dev/input/by-id$ ls -l
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 2008-04-26 16:46 usb-BTC_USB_Multimedia_Keyboard-event-kbd -> ../event1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 2008-04-26 16:46 usb-Logitech_USB-PS.2_Optical_Mouse-event-mouse -> ../event3
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 2008-04-26 16:46 usb-Logitech_USB-PS.2_Optical_Mouse-mouse -> ../mouse1

So in my file, to get the mouse working again, I added this line:

Option "Device" "/dev/input/by-id/usb-Logitech_USB-PS.2_Optical _Mouse-event-mouse"

BTW, the xorg.conf file is in the /etc/X11 directory, and is owned by root., so you need something like:

sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
to edit it.

Naegling23
April 28th, 2008, 08:52 PM
roboters, tried yours, didnt work.

All I did was change the mouse driver from evdev to mouse....all works fine now. I think it was evdev because there was something not complete about the standard mouse driver, seems to be updated, and no more need for evdev, so it was eliminated?

chuck2
May 2nd, 2008, 02:39 AM
edit: seems like the community moves fast, yesterday I couldn't find useful info, so I started experimenting, so did other people. heres what some guy did, it works for me:

in the xorg.conf:

Section “InputDevice”
Identifier “Logitech G5″
Driver “evdev”
Option “CorePointer”
Option “Device” “/dev/input/by-id/usb-Logitech_USB_Gaming_Mouse-event-mouse”
Option “ZAxisMapping” “invert”
Option “Emulate3Buttons” “false”
Option “Buttons” “9″
Option “Resolution” “800″
EndSection

in the .Xmodmap: