PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hardy Shut Down Errors

technotika
April 25th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Hi Guys

I have upgraded to Hardy from fresh install and its looking good, apart from what happens at shut down.

I shut the pc and then the system goes into verbose mode and stops on an INIT process, pauses, then displays errors about the network manager and then tells me I need my message daemon running, then turns off.

How can I get rid of this as it doesnt appear there really is a problem just some wierd thing at shutdown??

Thanks alot.

piratesmack
April 25th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Hi Guys

I have upgraded to Hardy from fresh install and its looking good, apart from what happens at shut down.

I shut the pc and then the system goes into verbose mode and stops on an INIT process, pauses, then displays errors about the network manager and then tells me I need my message daemon running, then turns off.

How can I get rid of this as it doesnt appear there really is a problem just some wierd thing at shutdown??

Thanks alot.

hm I get the same errors, I've always just ignored them though :lolflag:

IDK. I'll have to watch this thread to see what the others say about it

rotorcraig
April 25th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I get the same and have also been ignoring.

RC

technotika
April 25th, 2008, 01:48 PM
I guess I will do although Im proud of my ubuntu system and just think it lets it down since 8.04 has been touted as this super stable beast blah blah . And then some one see's those errors and it will be like whats that? " oh just some error you can ignore", reminds me of windows too much! I want this escalating - kiddin'. Cant wait for a fix!!!

Playa1313
April 25th, 2008, 02:11 PM
It's really just a warning, I've had it since I started testing hardy back in March. Your computer will take about the same time to shutdown with or without the errors.

A$h X
April 25th, 2008, 03:08 PM
If it's just a warning then surely there should be an option to "quiet" the stream of text that accompanies each and every shutdown? I mean it's well and good everything's working, but shouting "dbus init failed" at the user everytime they switch the computer off is hardly reassuring is it?

And judging by a search on "hardy shutdown" it's affecting alot of people. A fairly insignificant bug, but a bug nonetheless.

Metar
April 25th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I've had those appear as well, but again - the system took exactly the same time to shut down. Still, it made me start looking for the problem...

But then again, with my inability to find the new location of the graphics-setup screens, a minor error about some network daemon is the least of my problems. :p

Supercommuter
April 25th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I do not have any problem shutting down my machine but it will not display anything when re-started (Fujitsu-Seiments Scaleo). This happen on 7.10 as well as 8.04:confused:

benthegreat
April 25th, 2008, 09:52 PM
yep, me aswell

gail
April 26th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Just poor code!!

A$h X
April 28th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Anyone reported this as a bug yet? It's obvious that it affects a lot of people.

technotika
April 29th, 2008, 08:40 AM
################################################## #ITS FIXED#############

Some updates just came down this morning - rebooted (not promted) and the ubuntu bar appears instead of errors - halleluyah

anthonyp
April 29th, 2008, 09:48 AM
I too am getting these errors, will check the updates and report any change.

Cheers
Grimace