PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless for Ubuntu 8.04 on 2 Gen macbook

iAppleuser
April 25th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Does anyone know how to fix this? My macbook is a C2D.

jdriessen
April 25th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I have a macbook2,1 and ubuntu 8.04 doesn't recognize my Wireless Card.

cyberdork33
April 25th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Follow the wiki:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBook#head-e4a1f2cde8ad66bc01c97bfdadc85996ad80f688

jdriessen
April 26th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I could not get the latest svn of Madwifi drivers to work, instead I used the svn of Madwifi Macbook:

svn checkout http://svn.madwifi.org/madwifi/trunk macbook

I installed this version and my wireless is now working.

piano08man
April 26th, 2008, 06:07 PM
I've tried doing this several times and I am admittedly very limited when it comes to terminal commands. Is there some way that one of you more experienced people could take the daily snapshots or the svn version of the wireless walkthrough from the link and make it more dumb people friendly? For example: tell me where, what and when to type. Every time I get to the last couple lines of code it produces errors and tells me that no such directory exists. I can give more info, but maybe just a little more in depth walkthrough would be helpful. Thanks! Plus, I'm assuming that the Gutsy walkthrough still works for Hardy?

Josh

iAppleuser
April 26th, 2008, 11:09 PM
I figured out my problem about the wireless! Thank you everyone! I used the macbook guide to get my wireless going!

cyberdork33
April 27th, 2008, 03:19 AM
I've tried doing this several times and I am admittedly very limited when it comes to terminal commands. Is there some way that one of you more experienced people could take the daily snapshots or the svn version of the wireless walkthrough from the link and make it more dumb people friendly? For example: tell me where, what and when to type. Every time I get to the last couple lines of code it produces errors and tells me that no such directory exists. I can give more info, but maybe just a little more in depth walkthrough would be helpful. Thanks! Plus, I'm assuming that the Gutsy walkthrough still works for Hardy?

Josh
you need to post your error so we can tell you what the problem is. That guide is step by step, so it doesn't get much easier.