PDA

View Full Version : number of 8.04 downloads/installs

bss
April 25th, 2008, 08:28 AM
ok the 8.04 is out and as all the usere i wanted to try it!! And i did.. Its awsome ... The best ubuntu distro and the best distro of all linux distros;) the developers done a great job and i am allready looking foreward to 8.10;) the great mass of users downloaded it and tried it yesterday... The main archive server was completly flooded with users..so it was impossible to download any packets there... But thankfully there are many other archive servers;) i was wondering how many users did download or installed hardy? Do you guys maybe have for example the number of installs?? Cuz that would be really nice to see how many install were and are beeing done.. Enjoy ubuntu!!! You rock!! I love it! Well im a user since feisty.. And there is really big developent done!!!

madjr
April 25th, 2008, 09:31 AM
i had ubuntu since the beta, so i didn't download it today, so maybe they should include the stats of all the downloads since the alphas.

also, a good chunk of users don't upgrade and stay with their current working setup. If it's not broken no need to fix it right?

mybunche
April 25th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Still waiting to download mine, the speeds are still slow.

After that I will have to say goodbye to 6.10. It has been a reliable friend for 18 months.

bss
April 25th, 2008, 02:55 PM
jep same here! Gutsy really did his job... I'm really happy with it now but, Hardy is quite better and faster...so..

Well i have also tested the betas and alphas and I can say there was a big development in just a few months...

I think i'll stay with Gutsy for few more days because i have my primary system on it...but my laptop is already running 8.04:)

I have looked on the site, but i can't find the DL/Install counter anywhere. So if anyone knows..please post!

FuturePilot
April 25th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Just upgraded my last machine. I have 4 computers all running Ubuntu that have been upgraded to 8.04

piousp
April 25th, 2008, 03:01 PM
The speeds are incredible low. We used to have a server here in Costa Rica, but it doesnt seem to be online for now :(
Anyway, i'm just 30% away from getting Kunbutu Hardy!!!!!

bss
April 25th, 2008, 11:53 PM
well this shows that many people wants to download it.. i think it is a good sign for ubuntu...allthough the downloads are very slow...well you can use one server that i use now...the speed is fast enought..give it a try: http://ubuntu.inode.at/ .. it is in austria but it is not too overflown....sorry for my language.. i just came from a party...and i'm form slovenia....so...ubuntu rules!!!