PDA

View Full Version : ipod and headphones

BinaryDigit
October 15th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Hello all!
I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good ipod headphones? I really don't like the ones that came with the ipod (I have the 4th gen 20 gig, b & w screen), so I'd like some in-ear ones, or maybe even some over the ear ones (I would love the bose noise-cancelling, but those are $300!). Any recommendations for something for under $100?

and can you have a program in ubuntu that is able to be used similar to itunes? to load and unload music/mp3s?

Thanks for your help :) If I need to put this in another section feel free to move it!

~Bit

mcduck
October 15th, 2005, 05:11 PM
for the program, I'm using gtkpod. I suppose there are others also, but this was the first one that I found and I've never seen a reason to even try others ;)

And the headphones.. I'd recommend getting some Koss ones, The Plug if you want earbuds, otherwise PortaPro's are great..

xequence
October 15th, 2005, 07:07 PM
The sony earbuds that came with my mp3 player were good quality, until they broke.

I heard amaroK was good for managing ipods.

BWF89
October 15th, 2005, 07:14 PM
I've never had good luck with those earbuds actually staying put. I must have misshapen ears or something.

majikstreet
October 15th, 2005, 07:15 PM
I recommend the Griffin in ear add-on things for the iPod headphones- I have the EXACT same iPod as you do, and I use those and they are great. $9.99USD.

I use gtkpod but I'll try amaroK..