PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with firefox and flash...or something

jtrink
April 25th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Currently working in Hardy Heron. Uh I can playing streaming videos online after i actually click the video. In windows a "preview" of the video would be displayed then i would just hit play. Now i have to select the video in the middle to play because it is "grayed out with a big play button in the middle". I have the same problem with my flash. Btw, I have adobe flash player 9 installed and mplayer as well. Any ideas to get rid of these dang gray play buttons?

mrm3x1can
April 25th, 2008, 09:49 PM
yeah ubuntu newb here. just installed hardy to and i have that same problem. when any type of flash related thing comes up in a website, i get this big gray play button i have to press. how do i get rid of it?

martrn
April 25th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Have you enabled the restriced reposotories via :-
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu ??

Then you type at a terminal

sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

jtrink
April 26th, 2008, 01:27 AM
yeh, that didn't work... all my repositories are enabled. I have no clue what is wrong.

Islington
April 26th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Guys make sure that you remove swfdec-mozilla in synaptic or by doing

sudo apt-get purge swfdec-mozilla

gusmoney
April 26th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Guys make sure that you remove swfdec-mozilla in synaptic or by doing

sudo apt-get purge swfdec-mozilla

The purge coupled with the aforementioned alternative flash version install worked for me..ie. removed the big play button. Danke.

sigmabetatooth
May 31st, 2008, 04:00 AM
The purge coupled with the aforementioned alternative flash version install worked for me..ie. removed the big play button. Danke.

Dito on that... many thanks