PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lost networking after 8.04 dist-upgrade

puffyzacd
April 25th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Hi all,

I'm having an annoying problem with my dist-upgrade from 7.10 to 8.04. I'm no longer able to access the internet or my local network. I am able to ping localhost, but I can not ping my router at 192.168.1.1! The strange part is that I am able to access my router's configuration by typing 192.168.1.1 into firefox.

There were no errors or anything else that seemed awry during the upgrade, and nothing in the logs jumped out at me either. Troubleshooting this problem has been a pain since I have to switch back to XP to gain access to the internet (and post here!)...

Please let me know if you need any other information or if you have some commands for me to try. Thanks! :)

bsharp
April 25th, 2008, 03:49 AM
Can you ping your router from another computer?

puffyzacd
April 25th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Yep, other computers on my network ping the router just fine, and internet is working as it was before the upgrade.

puffyzacd
April 25th, 2008, 04:00 AM
Yep, other computers on my network ping the router just fine, and internet is working as it was before the upgrade.

I should clarify that the internet is working on the other computers in my network. My ubuntu desktop is still having trouble. Thanks!