PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8.04, firefox 3, del.icio.us add-on, downgrade?

eli_d
April 25th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Hi everyone-

I've been using ubuntu since breezy badger and am extremely pleased with the OS in general. I just upgraded from Feisty Fawn to Hardy Heron and am experiencing one dilemma: my del.icio.us add-on which I am so dependent on, doesn't work with the Firefox 3 that came with Hardy Heron.

Does anyone know the quickest, most pain-free way to downgrade to a previous version of Firefox whilst keeping all of my settings in-tact?

zhangsong023
April 25th, 2008, 03:48 AM
You don't need to downgrade firefox.

I got the latest version 2.0.42 that works with firefox 3 beta 5 perfectly from its mail list(yahoo).

You could register in yahoo and then join the delicious-firefox-extension group to get it.

eli_d
April 25th, 2008, 04:03 AM
that's good news... you wouldn't happen to have a URL for that mailing list? i've been doing a few searches in the past 10 minutes, but haven't been able to locate that version or the mailing list for the yahoo delicious add-on development.

---edit---

nevermind... just found it here:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/delicious-firefox-extension/

DigitaLink
April 25th, 2008, 05:18 AM
Thank you for pointing that out!! I was just about to skip the upgrade because the del.icio.us extension for Firefox is a deal breaker to me. No extension, no upgrade. Now to re-boot into the alternate CD and see how an upgrade goes. Looks like everything is working tickety-boo from the livecd.
:guitar: