PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Error loading operating system. (FAIL!)

Dazappa
April 24th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Edit: Oops, didn't realize there was an installation section... if someone wants to move this topic please do.

So, I downloaded 7.10, burned it to a disc, stuck it in my computer, selected the first option (Start/Install), waited for it to load up, clicked on the install icon, did the 7 steps, waited, and... restarted comp but it fails! Why? Oh, and how much hdd space does ubuntu need? In general, what ARE the system requirements, I couldn't find them on the main site.. The computer it's being installed on is 1ghz cpu, 512mb ram, 1.5gb hdd <- ROFL but true. Oh, and after it failed the first time I ran the cd check tool and it said it found no errors. I then attempted another install, with the same results :confused: Halp halp! I'm a linux newb. Only other experience I've had with linux was installing DSL (damn small linux) on my really old laptop, and installing some web stuff so it could run a server. So please, be patient with me

overdrank
April 25th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Edit: Oops, didn't realize there was an installation section... if someone wants to move this topic please do.

So, I downloaded 7.10, burned it to a disc, stuck it in my computer, selected the first option (Start/Install), waited for it to load up, clicked on the install icon, did the 7 steps, waited, and... restarted comp but it fails! Why? Oh, and how much hdd space does ubuntu need? In general, what ARE the system requirements, I couldn't find them on the main site.. The computer it's being installed on is 1ghz cpu, 512mb ram, 1.5gb hdd <- ROFL but true. Oh, and after it failed the first time I ran the cd check tool and it said it found no errors. I then attempted another install, with the same results :confused: Halp halp! I'm a linux newb. Only other experience I've had with linux was installing DSL (damn small linux) on my really old laptop, and installing some web stuff so it could run a server. So please, be patient with me

HI and welcome, the minimum requirements are
Ubuntu is available for PC, 64-Bit and Mac architectures. At least 256 MB of RAM is required to run the desktop install CD. Install requires at least 4 GB of disk space.

Ogre35010
October 23rd, 2008, 06:33 PM
Im Having The Exact Same Problem... Im Running

HP
1gb RAM
80gb HDD (What Ubuntu Is Installed On)
320gb HDD (BAckup)
1.8ghz PRocessor
NVidia 6200 128mb RAM Graphics

I Am Having The Same Problem But When I Put The XP Cd In And Dont PRess Anything When Asked To.... It Boots Fine...

Any Help Would Be Much Appreciated ... THANKS :D