PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] How to sync evolution with google calendar

philidox
April 24th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Follow the url here for youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGtr2YBDQL8

Please post comments so I can improve videos. Linux helping linux

evadwolrab
April 24th, 2008, 11:57 PM
A while ago I looked into doing this, but after a lot of faffing I decided "why bother?"

Not knocking you, good video - I've just accepted the fact that Google Cal is online.

In what situation do you actually find this useful? I guess it could be useful for people who only have periodic internet access.

philidox
April 25th, 2008, 12:05 AM
A while ago I looked into doing this, but after a lot of faffing I decided "why bother?"

Not knocking you, good video - I've just accepted the fact that Google Cal is online.

In what situation do you actually find this useful? I guess it could be useful for people who only have periodic internet access.

Good question! I found it extremely useful when I sync my calendar with my Palm device. Although evolution is a one way sync right now when you do sync it to your palm os device, and its all there.

AldenIsZen
April 25th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Philidox, can you please add "one way sync" to the title of this thread? I think many will think it is two way as it seems to be a popular search.

Thanks!

philidox
April 26th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Philidox, can you please add "one way sync" to the title of this thread? I think many will think it is two way as it seems to be a popular search.

Thanks!

tell me how do I rename this thread?

AldenIsZen
April 30th, 2008, 01:57 AM
You have to click the edit button again, or click advanced.. but I couldn't find a delete button on the thread I created.. whoops. I never created one before.