PDA

View Full Version : So few beans! Many newcommers around?

Ub1476
April 24th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Well, sadly (for me) I've been on the forums almost all day, and basically every person I've helped out/seen has 10 beans or less. I wonder if there's some interesting statistics for how many users who have registered the last three days? Any guesses?

kk0sse54
April 24th, 2008, 10:43 PM
more people are starting to see the light and even more screw up trying to get there

Barrucadu
April 24th, 2008, 11:30 PM
I would imagine that with Hardy being released the registration rate has gone up a little, if only temporarily.

klange
April 24th, 2008, 11:41 PM
I don't post in support topics very often, but I'm a cage regular. I'll be stuck with a low bean count forever ;)

Tundro Walker
April 25th, 2008, 02:42 AM
I don't post in support topics very often, but I'm a cage regular. I'll be stuck with a low bean count forever ;)

Ditto. I troll the cafe only, so mine has been so embarrassingly low for so long that I finally just decided to hide it.

I'm almost inclined to wish for a "cafe only" bean count in addition to the regular bean count, but then we'd see things like...

10 regular beans
1,000,000,000 cafe beans

... which would be the equivilent of a drunk bragging about how much beer he's chugged versus hours actually spent doing something productive. :)

20thCenturyBoy
April 25th, 2008, 03:16 AM
Ditto x2. Sort of. I'm not even on the forums that much anyways.

Hopefully I will in the future because I want to get more involved with the development of 8.10.

SomeGuyDude
April 25th, 2008, 03:27 AM
It's worth noting this forum doesn't add to your beans. So while I'm incredibly active down here, my bean count isn't that high.

steveneddy
April 25th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Nothing useful to say.

kevdog
April 25th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Ive asked for stats like this to be published like this in the past, but LaRoza is holding out on me!

NightwishFan
April 25th, 2008, 03:32 AM
My beans are average because I generally look for any posts where someone did not find and answer and I do some research for them. I cafe a good bit too, though.

SomeGuyDude
April 25th, 2008, 04:58 AM
I have little to no problems with my day to day computing and I'm not smart enough to help people so I just chill down here.