PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem With Upgrade to Hardy

murphzerz
April 24th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Never Mind, it's upgrading fine now!

mannymix03
April 24th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I was trying to upgrade to 8.04 with a Shuttle PC currently running Gutsy, and as soon as I pressed the button to install it in the update manager, the cursor started spinning and the window became inactive, after a little bit of nothing happening I switched to another desktop, and when I came back the window was a pale gray color and I had to force quit. So I was just wondering what I should do, I can't do much command line, so the best option would probably be an upgrade form Live CD, and I would like to know how to go about that.
A picture of the window is attached, and I've tried it several times with the same result.

mine ended up doing the exact same thing, here is how i solved it. I just hit the upgrade button, closed out of all my programs and left the computer for about 15 minutes, when i came back it was fixed. I guess its just taking time to connect to the upgrade server since it is pretty busy today.

murphzerz
April 24th, 2008, 10:09 PM
mine ended up doing the exact same thing, here is how i solved it. I just hit the upgrade button, closed out of all my programs and left the computer for about 15 minutes, when i came back it was fixed. I guess its just taking time to connect to the upgrade server since it is pretty busy today.

Sounds like a plan, I could click the button, but it still hasn't started downloading the actual files.

murphzerz
April 24th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Well, now the download has failed is there anyway I can upgrade directly from a live CD? THat's basically the question.

myoungf1
April 24th, 2008, 10:31 PM
If you can possibly wait a few days that would definately help. The servers are always very very busy when a new release comes out and I have found if I wait to actually upgrade it goes alot smoother.

murphzerz
April 24th, 2008, 10:34 PM
If you can possibly wait a few days that would definately help. The servers are always very very busy when a new release comes out and I have found if I wait to actually upgrade it goes alot smoother.
Yeah, it's working, slowly but surely.