PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] OOo Clip Art

hikujk123
April 24th, 2008, 09:39 PM
I installed OOo Clip Art via synaptic. How do I use it?

April 24th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I installed OOo Clip Art via synaptic. How do I use it?
Doesn't Xubuntu use AbiWord as its default word processor, and not OOWrite?

In other words: I don't think you can use OOo clipart with AbiWord.

hikujk123
April 24th, 2008, 09:52 PM
That was an uneccesary comment! I installed OOo. Why would I ask about it then? Better question: why would you assume that I was clueless and was using abiword. Just answer the initial question please.

April 24th, 2008, 09:55 PM
That was an uneccesary comment! I installed OOo. Why would I ask about it then? Better question: why would you assume that I was clueless and was using abiword. Just answer the initial question please.
Please don't be offended. There is little or no info in your topicstart other than "It doesn't work. How do I fix it.". I was just poking around for some more information.

Besides, the forum you're posting in is called "Absolute Beginner Talk". So yeah, that's why I made some assumptions.

hikujk123
April 24th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I am not offended. I just want an answer to the question I posted. I did not say it didn't work. I just don't know how to use it. I know it works. Can someone who actually knows how to use OOo clip art please post? I would appreciate it. Again, her/his statement was not helpful.

gsmanners
April 27th, 2008, 03:11 AM
I don't think OOo automatically builds a gallery, so for now you should be able to get by with simply pointing the dialog at /usr/share/openclipart (and navigate through the categories to whatever image you want) whenever you want to load an image.