PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dual Boot XP Ubuntu Dell Inspiron 6000

gpgp
April 24th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Installing my first dual boot with Ubuntu, and i am seeing mixed information. I want to have a partition or space both OSes can see. I dont care to much about security on this machine. Basically i see different advice on how to share a partition or have shared space.
Is it best to now format a partition in ntfs for shared space or just use ext2Fsd in windows ?
I should mention this is a clean install of both Oses and i would also appreciate advice on which first, as i see conflicting info on that too. thanks in advance
GP

jus71n742
April 24th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I have installed Ubuntu with XP and I had XP on first and it worked excellently. I have separate partitions ....use the partition editor that comes with ubuntu after you have fully installed XP. then set the size you want the partition to be with gedit I think. and let it run, since they are both clean installs you shouldn't have any problems shrinking the XP partition to allow the Ubuntu one. if you have AIM, Yahoo, MSN IM me and let me know how well I explained it or if you have a question.

gpgp
April 24th, 2008, 05:50 PM
What method of sharing disk space are you using if any ? This is my primary concern. Thank you

gp