PDA

View Full Version : The 5 Release Stages of Ubuntu

justin whitaker
April 24th, 2008, 02:57 PM
After seeing all the "When will Hardy Release" Threads, I realized there are 5 release stages to each Ubuntu Release.

Anticipation: "Is it here? Not yet? How about now? No? How about now?"

Revelation: "It's here! We are saved! Linux will finally take over everything, including my girlfriend!"

Acceptance: "It's over and done with, and it's good! Really good. I gave up XP for it!"

Anger: "It didn't change the world! It broke my hard drive, overwrote Vista, took my lunch money, and stole my girlfriend!"

Resentment: Why isn't there more games for Ubuntu? When is X bug going to be fixed? Why is Ubuntu so buggy? Why isn't Ubuntu more like (insert pet Linux OS name here)?

Just trying to keep it in perspective.

Any stages I missed? :)

lyceum
April 24th, 2008, 03:03 PM
lol!

The first stage, "what is this?/Will it be any good?" And for some there is a 7th stage, realizing it is what it is and just using it. That is where I am. I did go through the other stages in my first week though..

:popcorn:

FurryNemesis
April 24th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Tinkerage Where's the AWN repo again? What about xbindkeys? What do I want from Compiz? Why do I change themes and background daily? Where did I put the hex values for my favourite colours? What about my second monitor? Do I have all the codecs I need? Really? Why is it easier than Dapper Drake, I didn't even have to edit sources.list, feels like a trick... and where did I put that cheat sheet?

bruce89
April 24th, 2008, 03:11 PM
You missed the endless "I downloaded the beta, do I have to upgrade" thing.

justin whitaker
April 24th, 2008, 03:12 PM

Heh...I will have to go back and add it. :)

FuturePilot
April 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM

I've seen about 50 of those this past week. :|

Simpatico
April 24th, 2008, 03:51 PM
That pretty well covers it, I expect. From what I've seen on other forums, maybe one sub-topic in the Anger phase:

If you can't tell me how to X, I'm going back to Windows!