PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Anyone else trying to use torrents?

MONODA
April 24th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Well Im trying to download hardy using a torrent and uhh... its not exactly going too well. It says connecting but never connects, is anyone else experiencing this?

beta.tester
April 24th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Well Im trying to download hardy using a torrent and uhh... its not exactly going too well. It says connecting but never connects, is anyone else experiencing this?

Hi not here - Am downloading from the Cannoical site in uk, however it is really slow for a 10Meg optic cable (14 kbs) - however I guess everyone on the planet wants the new version :)

all the best

spoolboyy
April 24th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Things are going fine here in the US too.

Can't say I know what your problem is but the more people involved in a torrent the FASTER it should go. You'd get more sources for the file.

However if you're not torrenting (just using the download directly from Canonical) then it would be slow for sure.

-adam

bjtuna
April 24th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah my torrent app is saying that the ubuntu torrent server isn't responding. But I'm getting good speeds with the direct download so I don't mind :)

vcallaway
April 24th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I think the trackers are overloaded.

Server CD went without a glitch, but desktop get periodic errors.

happysmileman
April 24th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I wanna use bittorrent to download it, but it says cdimage.ubuntu.com is timing out... Any idea if this has been going on for long or if it's expected to get better?

EDit: Almost as soon as I posted this I got through

kulus1969
April 24th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Speeds very widely while downloading as a torrent file and tracker shows some error messages occasionally. My uploads are much faster than my downloads.
Downloads range from 7KB/s to 70KB/s but right now it is the first one...
Uploads are at about 50KB/s so at least I'm helping others download faster...

Kulus

Download speed jumped up to 260KB/s and it downloaded in 2Hrs and 49Min. Uploads are about 60 KB/s...

ptcbus
April 25th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I used torrents. It worked fine. I have listed the steps I followed http://ptcbus.blogspot.com/2008/04/upgrading-from-ubuntu-710-gutsy-gibbon.html.

bat21win
April 25th, 2008, 12:58 AM
I'm currently downloading the alternative x86 Ubuntu CD. Plenty of seeders and uploaders, but I'm mainly just uploading in order to allow others to download. I'll get the full download soon enough.

Speeds should be pretty good.

NetworkGuy
April 25th, 2008, 01:00 AM
10 minutes in - 10% down - approx. 1hr to go.. 100KB/s right now (knock on wood)

don_xvi
April 25th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Some torrent links or something (heck I don't really know how they work!) would be great, I can't get releases.ubuntu.com to respond. :(