PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sharing folders on other hardrives

kazamx
April 24th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I am currently running Hardy final. I have a number of hard drives in my current computer. I am able to share folders from with my Ubuntu partition without any problems.

I would like to share folders from other hard drives within my computer. The problem seems to be that any other hard drives have their permission set as root, and this is stopping me from sharing the folders.

Can anyone tell me how to give myself the permissions to be able to share these folders?

superprash2003
April 24th, 2008, 05:19 PM
it is possible to share folders as read only even if its owned by root.. you can type sudo nautilus in the terminal and browse to the drive and change permissions graphically there

herbster
April 24th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Kazamx, you mean accessing other drives on the same computer, or over a network?

Paste the output of:

sudo fdisk -l

and

df -h

stchman
April 24th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I am currently running Hardy final. I have a number of hard drives in my current computer. I am able to share folders from with my Ubuntu partition without any problems.

I would like to share folders from other hard drives within my computer. The problem seems to be that any other hard drives have their permission set as root, and this is stopping me from sharing the folders.

Can anyone tell me how to give myself the permissions to be able to share these folders?

You need to add the partitions in your fstab.

http://www.stchman.com/part.html