PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] WG311v2 Problems (Heron)

silverwolfe
April 24th, 2008, 05:42 AM
I'm using a Netgear WG311v2 card in my desktop to connect to my network. Unfortunately, it seems that for whatever reason, it does not want to work even though it's supposed to work "out of the box" according to the wiki.

It seems like it's supposed to use the acx_111 driver, but when I set it as my active connection, it seems to be using the acx_pci driver instead.

It recognizes the wireless, but won't actually connect to any wireless network.

I'm not too Linux savvy at the moment, I'm attempting to learn, but can anyone give some help my way?

OoooMatron
April 24th, 2008, 07:24 AM
I bought this unit last week and when I first tried it I had no success. When I reinstalled with the RC it worked first time.

What version of Heron did you have installed (forget about the updates)?

silverwolfe
April 24th, 2008, 07:33 AM
I bought this unit last week and when I first tried it I had no success. When I reinstalled with the RC it worked first time.

What version of Heron did you have installed (forget about the updates)?

I am using the latest version, at least I believe it is. 8.04LTS and still no dice.

OoooMatron
April 28th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I mean, did you install the new version from scratch or update it from old alphas/betas? Despite what people say I think it can make a difference.

It really should work out of the box, mine did. I am using WEP encryption though. Haven't been brave enough to try WPA2.

silverwolfe
April 28th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Installed it completely from scratch.

snurd3
March 14th, 2009, 04:48 AM
I mean, did you install the new version from scratch or update it from old alphas/betas? Despite what people say I think it can make a difference.

It really should work out of the box, mine did. I am using WEP encryption though. Haven't been brave enough to try WPA2.
How does it work out of the box if it has no Linux driver? I have tried numerous ways to get it to work, but have been unsuccessful. Is there some way to use the windows driver for it?

Snurd3