PDA

View Full Version : Release time?

Fozz929
April 24th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Is there any specific time its going to be released? Or is it going to be released any time during the 24? I've looked all over and can only find the Ubuntu countdown timer saying 1 day left.

Mr. Picklesworth
April 24th, 2008, 02:50 AM
The day after tomorrow you can be certain that the web site will tout 8.04 as a stable and finished release.

What is this, Star Wars?! :P

In other words, no, there is not a set time. On the 24th, the final builds will be sent out to download mirrors. Indeed, some mirrors will have it up ahead of time but the hope is that people do not rush to use them in interest of speeding up the process. The actual call of "it's completely out!" happens pretty late in the day, once it is confirmed that download links actually will work for people.
Think of it this way: There is no black box "release date". This is in development up until the last second.

cogadh
April 24th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Is there any specific time its going to be released? Or is it going to be released any time during the 24? I've looked all over and can only find the Ubuntu countdown timer saying 1 day left.
Did you look around the forums? This has been asked and answered multiple times. No one actually knows when it will actually be released, you'll just have to keep checking the website for the announcement.

elamericano
April 24th, 2008, 02:58 AM

No, he didn't check.

Fozz929
April 24th, 2008, 03:14 AM

No, he didn't check.

Haha, so my post count determines how much time I have spent on these boards?

My question was answered by the kind people above. My business here is concluded.

linux phreak
April 24th, 2008, 03:22 AM
How can a person know if one has searched the forum or not by viewing the number of posts?

SuperSon!c
April 24th, 2008, 03:29 AM
hint: he can't.

SomeGuyDude
April 24th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Guys, geez, settle down. So he asked a question that's been asked before. When you all act like cocks to newbies instead of being at least slightly considerate, it makes the whole forum look bad.

Anyway, that's one of the biggest pains in the ***. Could be any time when any part of the world is technically the 24th. My vote is sometime around 11:59pm PST.