PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Why is the forum format changing so often

a.v.l
April 23rd, 2008, 11:54 PM
With the lastest changes in the Ubuntu forum I don't know how to search for my old messages using "search" as I did before. Can someone advise me how this is done please.

As a slight critism and only speaking from a personal perspective, I'm wondering if the recent changes in the forum format are simply changes for the sake of change. It seems as soon as I get used to using the features in the forum they are changed to something different and I have to start over again, very confusing.

phidia
April 23rd, 2008, 11:59 PM
There is a faq here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4761308#post4761308) that may anwser some of your questions.
The new forum format won't be totally complete until the end of the week so you will have to wait for the full features of the new forum.

a.v.l
April 24th, 2008, 12:13 AM
There is a faq here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4761308#post4761308) that may anwser some of your questions.
The new forum format won't be totally complete until the end of the week so you will have to wait for the full features of the new forum.

Appreciate the information - thanks.

SOULRiDER
April 24th, 2008, 02:06 AM
The forums is also being upgraded to a new version, which is good, very very good.

Can+~
April 24th, 2008, 02:37 AM
With the lastest changes in the Ubuntu forum I don't know how to search for my old messages using "search" as I did before. Can someone advise me how this is done please.

As a slight critism and only speaking from a personal perspective, I'm wondering if the recent changes in the forum format are simply changes for the sake of change. It seems as soon as I get used to using the features in the forum they are changed to something different and I have to start over again, very confusing.

They changed to a newer version of vBulletin with tagging/prefixes and many other feaetures, this will make searching easier for the engine on the long run.

Your posts can be found on your account, click on your name and go to statistics, find all your posts/threads.

You just happend to be on the days post update, so they are fine-tuning everything.

coolbrook
April 24th, 2008, 02:45 AM
It'll take some getting used to but as long as it's available and the speed is good then that's all that really matters.

aparigraha
April 24th, 2008, 02:47 AM
it is somewhat annoying for greasemonkey/userstyles users.
but hey, i'm patient